We share hundreds of free crochet patterns with you. Here is our new knitting pattern; Newborn Crochet Hat.
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge3 rounds = 3¼
Finished Size11” circumference 4¾” tall without brim; 5¾” tall with fold up brim (1”)
- Modern Baby by Lion Brand in Red: approx 86 yards (you can make two hats with every skein)
- 6.0mm (J) crochet hook, or hook needed to obtain gauge
- Needle to weave in ends
How to Crochet a Baby Hat
sc: single crochet
dc: double crochet
Ch3 counts as first dc in first 10 rounds.
Slip stitch into the top of the Ch – 3 to join each round, unless otherwise noted.
Baby Hat Crochet Pattern
- Round 1: Create a magic circle. Ch3 and 11dc in the magic circle OR ch4 and 11dc in the 3rd ch from hook. (12 sts)
- Round 2: Ch3 and 1dc in the first st. 2dc in every st around. (24 sts)
- Round 3: Ch3. 2dc in the next st. *1dc in the next st. 2dc in the next st. Repeat from * around. (36 sts)
Circle should measure 3¼”
- Rounds 4-10: Ch3. 1dc in every st around. (36 sts)
- Round 11: Ch1 and 1sc in first st. * 1sc in each of the next 8sts. 2sc in the next st. repeat from * around. Slip stitch into the top of the first sc to join. (40 sts)
- Rounds 12-?: Ch1 and 1sc in the first st. 1sc in every st around. (40 sts)
- If you prefer hat to not have a fold up brim, stop after round 12, fasten off and weave in ends.
- Fasten off and weave in ends. Be sure the magic circle is cinched up tightly and secured. Fold bottom, sc portion, of hat up.
More Crochet Pattern;